Monday, February 22, 2010

A batch mate of ours passed away last week, and it's not due to an accident or an illness. My mind went blank when I heard we lost her to suicide. It's one thing to hear somebody pass away barely one year after graduation, and it's another thing to know how it happened.

We're not close, but to think that she's really gone and that we shared the same campus is just too surreal for me. I realized while browsing through photos online that this girl was one of the first people I met on my first day in college. We looked for our rooms together that morning.

Somehow this thought overwhelms me. When I met her 5 years back, I was the one on the verge of existential crisis, consequently throwing my life away. I don't know what happened, but I chose to live. Now, here I am. Five years later, I'm here, but she's gone...

I just wish she could have waited, or talked to someone. I hope she stayed a little while longer to know the reasons why.

Wherever she is, I hope she finally finds peace. I will be praying for her.

No comments: