Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ode à mon Père

1.
Last April 15, 2011, my father passed away due to pulmonary complications caused by cancer. He was diagnosed with stage 4 Nasopharyngeal Cancer in October of last year. If you happen to come across this post of mine today, please say a little prayer for my dad, Rolando M. Arenas. I believe in good intentions, so if it isn't too much, I ask you to pray for my family as well. We'll miss my old man terribly, but we've to let him go now. I'm glad he has now found rest. 


2.
Today is Easter Sunday and it's the 9th day since my dad passed away. We visited his urn at the Columbary and prayed the rosary for the repose of his soul. If there really is an after life like what most religions dictate, I believe it only knows boundless love; there is no pain and suffering. 


3.
I believe we are all alive somehow, whether we move through our frail bodies or one day turn to ash.


4.
A song for my father, wherever he is. 
When you go and you must, 
my tongue will turn to dust
and goodbye won't mean a thing
on a day like today, 
I'll believe anything you say...






5.
Dear Papa,


I know you're in a better place now. Mom, Ian, and I will miss you everyday, but we'll keep it together for you. Thank you for everything, we love you. I know I'll be seeing you one day, but until then I'll keep you in my heart.


Your only daughter,


Corin


6.
We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken. We think that we are invincible because we are. We cannot be born, and we cannot die. Like all energy, we can only change shapes and sizes and manifestation. They forget that when they get old. They get scared of losing and failing. But part of us greater than the sum of all parts cannot begin and cannot end, and so it cannot fail. 
--John Green


7.
Before death summons us, we've got to live. There is no other triumph quite like it.

No comments: